There are two types of people, thermometers, and thermostats. The function of the thermometer is to react to temperature.
Most of us react to what happens to us on a day-to-day basis. Events influence our state of mind, and external agents that we cannot control define how we will feel at the end of the day.
But the thermostat is different. The thermostat acts to modify the temperature if it is not to your liking.
If we act like a thermostat, we are the ones who will decide how we want to feel. We are the ones who define our level of happiness, and if we detect that our environment affects that level, we act to return as soon as possible to our desired level.
But how can we switch from thermometer to thermostat? How can we stop reacting negatively to external factors and not let them affect us?
The answer is in the power of affirmations.
10 positive affirmations to be happy
One of the most successful self-help books of recent years is “Miraculous Mornings: The 6 Habits That Will Change Your Life Before 8:00.”
“Miraculous Mornings” is a book that I read a few years ago but that I recommend, especially if you are one of those people who finds it difficult to get up early and positively start the day.
One of the habits that its author shares is positive affirmations in the book.
We are what we think. And what does our thinking consist of?
Words are a very powerful tool. The words that we use to speak with ourselves, with others, words are energy, and if they are energy, why not take advantage of this energy?
Positive affirmations are the tool to transform our words into positive energy that help us improve our day and our life.
Here are some positive affirmations so you can start putting them into practice.
- I have the power to change my reality.
- I can create the life I want with my positive thoughts.
- I decide to be happy now.
- I am thankful for the good things I have.
- Everything good that happens in my life comes from my ability to seek happiness in every moment.
- I enjoy the present without measure.
- I’m glad I am who I am.
- I feel safe because I know that everything is fine.
- I live in the present.
- I am full of energy.
But you may wonder, how do I turn these positive affirmations into daily energy?
Instructions for putting my positive affirmations into practice
«It is the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief turns into a deep conviction, things start to happen. «
To do this, and go from being a thermometer person to a thermostat person, I recommend you follow the following process:
- Write the positive affirmations that resonate the most with you on a piece of paper or post-it.
- Hang that paper or post-it with your favorite positive affirmations on the bathroom mirror, on the refrigerator, at the head of the bed, or on the workplace wall.
- Once you’ve recorded your affirmations, add your background music. As you listen to your own voice, you start to believe in yourself.
- Reading your positive affirmations aloud frequently, before starting the day and before going to sleep is the most recommended.
- Record an audio with the positive affirmations that you like the most.
- Add to that audio background music that inspires you and makes you feel powerful. Background music multiplies the benefits of positive affirmations, since mixed with your own voice enhances the message that reaches your brain.
What method do you like the most? Which one would you apply to?